The Aterra XL camper is an innovative lightweight fiber reinforced thermoplastic honeycomb composite camper design. Engineered by Tern Overland and collaboratively built with AT Overland Equipment, it combines the best available materials and technology with expert craftsmanship that yields an exquisitely comfortable and practical camper.
The light-filled Aterra has a smart and comfortable interior living space with lots of convenient and practical storage solutions. The well-equipped camper is suitable for all seasons and full-time overlanding for two + pet. The durable coated honeycomb composite and best in class appliances, windows and accessories make the Aterra a thermally efficient mobile habitation system.
The unique geometrical Aterra design yields a camper structure that is both strong and lightweight while able to withstand the rigors of endless washboard and the worst roads on the planet. Well-built by AT Overland Equipment in Prescott, AZ that has been designing and building the best Overland vehicle solutions for over 20 years.
Whether your needs are for seasonal backcountry camping or intercontinental exploration the Aterra will deliver the comfort and performance you need.
Available from AT Overland July 2021
- Queen Size bed (78”L x 60”W) with 3” thick upholstered foam mattress and Froli Travel spring system.
- 5 Artic Tern double pane acrylic windows with reflective privacy curtains and bug screens
- Artic Tern double pane acrylic electric roof hatch skylight with integrated LED lighting, bug and light blocking screens.
- Artic Tern double bolt entrance door with window and security/bug screen
- Truma propane Vario Comfort heater
- Truma propane AquaGo on demand hot water heater
- Dometic flush mount 2 burner sink/stove combo with glass top
- Plyboo counter tops and table
- Maxxair Ventilation Fan
- Dimmable LED lighting
- USB and 12 volt power points
- 20 lb Propane Tank (standard swappable type)
- National Luna 90 liter Dual Zone fridge freezer
- 30 gallons fresh water capacity
- Inside and outside Sagiv shower points
- Fabric upholstery
- 105 Ah Lithium Battery
- 400 Watts solar
- National Luna 40 Amp DC to DC charging system with integrated MPPT solar controller and automatic vehicle charging disconnect.
- Wrappon Trekker waterless toilet system
- 10 X Step 22 Stingray Cabinet Storage Cubes (16”L x 12”W x 8”H) 2 x Step 22 Stingray Cabinet Storage Half Cubes (8”L x 12”W x 8”H)
- 3 underbed storage drawers
- 3 hidden underbed compartments (22”W x 20”L x 6” H)
- 1 clothes hanging closet (10”W x 19”L x 35”H )
- Storage under dinette seats (dinette also converts into a 78”L x 24”W bed )
- Mechanicals accessed through single door
- All doors lockable and keyed alike
- Additional Lithium Batteries (up to 315 Ah total)
- Additional Solar Panels (up to 800 watts total)
- Exterior Awning
- Mechanical Camper Jacks
- Rear Accessory Mounting Rack suitable for Fuel/Water cans and Maxtrax Recovery boards
- Fresh air replenishment system with condensation removal.
- Paint match to vehicle
- Honeycomb composite construction with Stone Gray color
- UV resistant polyurea coating inside and out with upholstered ceiling.
- Camper overall width: 80”
- Camper overall length: 153”
- Camper overall height: 83”
- Cab over length: 60”
- Cab over height: 42”
- Flatbed footprint: 80” x 80”
- Interior headroom: 76”
- Weight: 1100 lbs.
- Designed for ½, ¾ and 1 ton full size pickup and cab chassis trucks with 6.5’ and 8’ or longer flatbed trays. Note: ½ ton trucks may need augmented rear suspension.
- Fits flat bed trays made by FiftyTen, Lite Aluma Tray, UTE, Norweld and similarly dimensioned and built trays (80”x80” minimum required).
Can I use my own flatbed?
Most likely yes if it has an 80” x 80” flat area. Call us for confirmation.
Can I order just a shell version?
We do not offer a shell version.
Can I substitute with alternative appliances?
We are using the best available appliances from Truma, National Luna, Dometic and we will not substitute with other brands.
What is the lead time?
Average lead time from time of order is 25-30 weeks.
Is the flatbed tray included?
No. We suggest flat bed trays made by FiftyTen, Lite Aluma Tray, UTE, Norweld and similarly dimensioned and built trays (80”x80” minimum required).
What are your payment terms?
50% deposit made with order, the balance due upon completion.
Will you ship it to me?
The camper must be installed by AT Overland or authorized dealer only.
Do you take trade-ins?
We do not.
Can it be customized beyond your current offerings?
Is a roof rack available?
A roof rack is not available as an option.
Want to know more?
Have questions about the AT Aterra XL Flatbed Camper? Want to have us create a formal estimate?
Use the contact form below and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Please denote if you prefer communications via email or would like a phone call.