Current Positions Available
Please read the following job description to make sure that you're a qualified candidate. If so, please submit your resume and completed AT Overland Employment Application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls or walk-in applications will be accepted.
Position Title: Assembly Technician
Job Location: 697 6th Street, Building 4, Prescott, AZ
Position Description: View PDF (or read below)
Our 20‐year‐old overlanding equipment manufacturing company is seeking an Assembly Technician to join our manufacturing team in creating the highest quality and innovative self‐contained adventure vehicles and trailers. A well qualified Assembly Technician needs an exacting eye, quick mind and steady hand. We’re looking for these dedicated individuals who will always show up for work on time and who thrive in a team‐oriented environment. Successful candidates will have some prior experience in assembly and be capable of understanding blueprints, schematics, written and verbal instructions correctly. It is important for new hires to hit the ground running. We offer a 4‐day, 10‐hour shift schedule, Monday through Thursday 6AM to 4:30PM with ½ hour unpaid lunch period. Some Overtime may be required as needed.
- Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies
- Rotate through multiple workstations on a shift.
- Follow written and verbal instructions to verify the parts required prior to assembly.
- Double‐check component connections to ensure they match and record any discrepancies on assembly work order.
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Familiarize yourself with the tools and assembly equipment
- Communicate with other workstations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Maintain and service all equipment when necessary
- Conserve resources and supplies to minimize waste
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain approval prior to altering.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Documents actions by completing production, time sheet and quality forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Mastery Hand Tools, Power Hand Tools, Measuring Devices (Metric & Standard), Tool Maintenance, Manufacturing
- Assembly Experience, Manufacturing Quality Control, Safety Procedures, Sound Judgment and Decision Making
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ experience in general assembly work or relatable specialized training
- Technical knowledge and ability to read blueprints, drawings etc.
- Good understanding of quality control principles
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent hand‐eye coordination and physical condition (Ability to lift 50 lbs. and flexibility to climb in and out of lifted vehicles)
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Basic math and communication skills required
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures
- Collect all material and equipment needed to begin the process
- Take precision measurements to ensure perfect fit of components
- Select or modify components according to measurements and specifications
- Align material and put together parts to build more complex units
- Check output to ensure highest quality
- Maintain equipment in good condition
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Report on issues, malfunctions, or defective parts
- Must have Class D driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Other duties as required.
What AT Offers
- Supportive one‐on‐one training.
- Opportunities to be creative and grow professionally in a unique industry.
- A fair salary commensurate with experience and performance.
- Opportunities to participate in industry activities.